Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Homeowners

I've been quiet on the blogging sphere for a while. I have been sooooooo busy.
Paul and I are now homeowners! I don't have my camera right now so I don't have a picture to post now, but I will soon. It is a farmhouse style house built in 1893 in Elgin. We will be the second family to own the house as we understand it! We have been busy fixing it up - tearing the wall paper off, painting, taking out the carpets and refinishing the original wood floors. So far we have taken off the paper and have painted most of the bedrooms (4). It's amazing how much prep work it takes before the actual painting can be done. It's probably been around 20 years since some of the rooms have been painted so the plaster walls have needed quite a few coats in several of the rooms (we a beginnig to love primer). Hopfully we can get the floors upstairs done sometime next week. I'll be glad when it is all done!

James is getting so big! He was six months on the 12th of June. I took him in for a well visit the other day and he weighs 18.4 pounds! Big Boy! He is such a good natured happy little boy. On Sundays I have to work hard to know where he is - somtimes I just find him when I need him; all of his16 uncles and aunties (14 still around) just love him to pieces. He's been learing to content himself while I've been busy working on the house unless of course there is an aunt or uncle there to watch him. We are very blessed to have such a wonderful family and thank God every day for each parent and sibling (and Great-grandparents:).

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hello Rebecca and Paul! Just thought that I would drop you a line to say hello and let you know that we are praying for you as you continue to improve and move into your new home!

Blessings,
Dawn for the Family

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.